We’ve been obsessed with Patrick Janelle’s Instagram this summer. Burgers. Parks. Skylines. Cappucinos. Staycations. Vacations. He’s pretty much the quintessential New York Instagrammer.
So naturally, when he signed up for MakeSpace, we knew we had to make something happen. With a shared love of burgers and parks, we decided to have Patrick curate a bin of his New York City Summer Park Essentials. Here’s what he chose:
- No park day can get off to the right start without the right bag. That’s why Patrick always takes his Birdkage Monterey Market Tote. If there’s more stuff than one bag can handle, he’ll bring along a tote from Scotch and Soda.
- For footwear, Patrick rocks a pair of summery slip-ons from Soludos, which perfectly capture the laid-back attitude of west-coast surf culture.
- Every park outing needs the right soundtrack. That’s why Patrick always brings along the Jawbone Mini Jambox. The sleek bluetooth speaker is light, portable, and sounds great.
- For reading material, Patrick brings along a copy of the latest New Yorker Magazine and his favorite summer read, Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter.
- His shades of choice are TOMS Bellini Sunglasses.
- This summer has been fairly mild by NYC standards, but that doesn’t mean you can forget about sunscreen. Patrick’s favorite is Biotherm. “It’s the best. It smells awesome,” he told us.
- Finally, having a perfect day in the park is all about having the perfect snacks. That’s why Patrick always hits up Shake Shack for burgers, fries, and shakes when he’s around Madison Square Park.
Inspired by Patrick’s picks, we decided to partner with our friends at Shake Shack to give MakeSpacers park kits of their own. This Summer Friday, MakeSpace customers will receive a ton of awesome swag (can you say burger frisbee?) and a gift card to get some meaty Shake Shack deliciousness!
Schedule now, because appointments fill up fast!