Your New Year’s Eve party last year was fun. You had lip-smacking beverages, a Spotify playlist chock-full of bangers, fantastic food, and some obligatory 2015 decorations that you bought from the dollar store. Why not kick things up a glittery 16 notches with these super chic DIY decorations that you can easily make at home? Like right now. Because NYE is tonight. And you still have to clean and organize your apartment before your friends arrive.
1. DIY a few glittery Mason jars that double as flower vases and triple as straw holders.
2. Bend pipe cleaners into letters and shapes. Then poke them into a cake.
Because this one simple tweak makes your New Year’s dessert go from just “okay” to “omg so cute” in seconds. Learn how to make them from Say Yes.
3. DIY a glitter cake stand and utensils
Because where is your glamorous cake going to sit? On a glamorous cake stand. And how are you going to eat your glamorous cake? With a glamorous fork. But only if you learn how to make these insanely glamorous things from Sugar & Cloth.
4. Speaking of cakes, transform your wall into a giant funfetti cake.
5. Don’t stop at your wall, though. DIY batches of big funfetti balloons.
Because with these festive balloons floating around in your apartment, 2015 is sure to go out with a bang. Or perhaps, a pop? Get the instructions from DIY Network.
6. Convert unfancy champagne into uber-fancy champagne by slathering glitter all over it.
Because it’s the perfect way to class up $5 bottles of André. Get the tutorial from Camp Makery.
7. Upcycle leftover gift wrapping paper into a garland.
Because your closet is closer than any Ricky’s, Party City, or street vendor. Get the instructions from Kit + Forage.
8. Fashion a floral ice bucket from ice and fruit.
Because it looks how it tastes: marvelous. Learn how to make the most delectable ice bucket on the planet from Sugar and Charm.
9. Eat champagne.
Because you’re a Champagne Papi. And a Champagne Papi pops a few champagne Jello shots after popping a few bottles of champagne. Follow the recipe from Erica’s Sweet Tooth.
10. Whisk your way to golden cotton candy.
Because NYE is the perfect time to remind your guests that we’re all kids at heart. Get the recipe from Cooking Books.
11. Set up a sweet and sparkly bubbly bar.
Because all that glitters isn’t gold. Except for pretty much everything on this list. Especially this sparkly Bubbly bar station that you can learn how to build from the Hostess with the Mostess. So you can be 2016’s Hostess with the Mostess.
12. School your guests in the non-existent-until-now art of writing on wine glasses.
Because remembering whose wine glass is whose gets exponentially more difficult as the night progresses. But not if you have chalkboard wine glasses by your side. Get the instructions from Handimania.
13. Revel in glitter ice cubes.
Because how else are you going to keep your cocktails cold all night long? Oh right, with these pretty, and of course edible, glitter ice cubes that you can learn to freeze from A Subtle Revelry.
14. Ring in 2016 by dropping your own ball.
Because dropping your own New Year’s Ball at midnight in your living room and then raising it back up to serve as a disco ball is less congested and more exciting than getting stuck in Times Square for hours. Get the tutorial from Makeovers & Motherhood.
15. Build a glitzy photo booth out of gold fringe curtains and spray paint.
Because your exquisite squad deserves hours of exquisite photo ops with exquisite photo props. Learn how to make the glitziest photo booth you’ve ever seen from Brit + Co.
16. DIY dozens of dope party hats.
Because it’s not a dope NYE party without donning some dope party hats in front of your dope photo booth. Get the instructions from Oh Happy Day, and have an Oh Happy New Year’s!